The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

exporting a single column Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have an outline from which I just want to export one column. When looking in the help, I see
Quote:
To set whether a column is included when exporting or printing, select or deselect its checkbox in the list.
So... I run off and uncheck all the columns but the one I would like to export. When I try to export to a text file, however, all the columns are exported to the file. (Printing does just print the one column.)

What simple thing am I completely overlooking?

Bill
OmniOutliner Pro 3.6.2

Sorry, that is a mistake in the documentation. That will only control if the column prints or not.

If it's the topic column you're trying to export, you can copy that to a new file then export. If it's not the topic column, you can use the script attached here to copy it to a new file.

To use it, rename the topic column in the new document to match the name of the column you're copying. Select the first row in the new document, then select the column to copy in the original file and run the script.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Copy column.scpt.zip (16.3 KB, 523 views)

Thanks for the info. The script doesn't seem to want to download (I get told to login, even when already logged in). I'll try my hand at writing a script, since I'm trying to integrate this into a workflow at work.

Thanks again.

Hmm, looking into the download issue. You may want to try another browser.

It looks to be working now... What browser are you using?