The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Riddle me this....(app not showing as purchased in iTunes) Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I purchased Omnifocus for the iPhone on 7/17.

Now when I open iTunes it doesn't show it as one of my applications so I can't look for updates. Same is true on the iPhone in App Store.

It is definitely on my iPhone and it works.

Apple doesn't show it in the Appstore from iTunes. Apple doesn't show it in my account anywhere.

It's like it never existed.

How do I fix this???

J.

1) Make sure you're using the same iTunes account you were when you purchased it originally.
2) Make sure that iTunes account is authorized on your computer.
3) Browse to the app in the App Store and click the Buy button. It *should* offer to re-download it for free.

If you do somehow get charged for the app again, the iTunes support staff seem to be very helpful about refunding the charge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
1) Make sure you're using the same iTunes account you were when you purchased it originally.
I only have one iTunes account and it is the same one I've had for years and years.

Quote:
2) Make sure that iTunes account is authorized on your computer.
Yes it is and i authorized it again to make sure.

Quote:
3) Browse to the app in the App Store and click the Buy button. It *should* offer to re-download it for free.
Looks like it wants to charge me all over again. It says $19.99 in the app store, it doesn't show in my list of apps that I have downloaded in iTunes (but I my account shows it purchased in the iTunes purchase history). If I press the button again, and confirm it, i'm just about certain I'm going to get whacked for another $19.99. I *really* don't want to do that.

Quote:
If you do somehow get charged for the app again, the iTunes support staff seem to be very helpful about refunding the charge.
I'm not going to insult your intelligence by suggesting that you actually believe what you just said.

You're kidding right? No way am I going to experiment with $20 downloads for this. I've got a lot of money into your OF app and I'm not willing to just start shelling out $20 per experiment. Seems to me this is on you guys to solve.

J.

Last edited by JohnJ80; 2008-08-07 at 06:30 PM..

I'm sorry. I can't fix it. The Omni Group has no information about who has purchased our iPhone application and no way to reissue a license. You will need to contact Apple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
I'm sorry. I can't fix it. The Omni Group has no information about who has purchased our iPhone application and no way to reissue a license. You will need to contact Apple.
Well I'm hoping this isn't going to be a bust but it kinda feels like it. This thing isn't turning out to be the productivity tool I had hoped but rather a big time sync. Kind of the whole reason I bought an iPhone in the first place.

J.

Sorry. Re-reading my previous post, I sounded kinda grumpy and I didn't intend that at all.

Apps not showing up as purchased in the iTunes store is actually a common problem (not specific to OmniFocus). Even if the App Store button says BUY, iTunes normally won't let you. Instead it will show an error message like this:

I had this problem ... but I do have 2 accounts with the iTunes store
When my credit card bill came with the "extra" payment I contacted the iTunes Store support and got a refund (or at least the promise of one ... we'll see when the next bill comes through!)

Sorry. I didn't mean to sound nasty either.

I'll give it a try. iTunes is a bit frustrating since they bury the ability to actually talk to someone if necessary. It is sort of the wizard behind the curtain more so than it needs to be.

I'll try buying it once. If they charge me for it, I should be able to argue my way out of it.

When does this dialog box come up? I hit the button next to the OF app that says "Buy App", then I have to enter my account name and password, then I have to say "Buy" again in the next screen. Isn't that the place where this is showing up?

J.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnJ80 View Post
I purchased Omnifocus for the iPhone on 7/17.

Now when I open iTunes it doesn't show it as one of my applications so I can't look for updates. Same is true on the iPhone in App Store.

It is definitely on my iPhone and it works.
If it's still on your phone right now, you should be able to transfer it back to iTunes. Plug your phone into iTunes, then (in iTunes) Right-Click or Control-Click on your iPhone and select "Transfer Purchases" from the contextual menu.

Hope this helps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
If it's still on your phone right now, you should be able to transfer it back to iTunes. Plug your phone into iTunes, then (in iTunes) Right-Click or Control-Click on your iPhone and select "Transfer Purchases" from the contextual menu.

Hope this helps!
Thanks, that seemed to work. Now OF shows up everywhere it should.

J.