The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Restoring snapshots crashes constantly Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Do snapshots work reliably for anyone? I purchased OW 5.6 and really like the vertical tabs, workspaces, snapshots concept, but it crashes 5 out of 6 times when I attempt to restore a snapshot.

I've tried the 5.7 Sneaky Peeks, but no luck, same problem.

My system is current, OS X 10.5.2, MBP 15", 4GB memory.

Great features, but just doesn't work. What really bugs me is that I've reported this numerous times and it doesn't even show up under the "known problems" of 5.6.

It means that one or more of the sites you have in your snapshot is causing OmniWeb to crash, not that the snapshot feature doesn't work per se. I have been using snapshots for several years now and, yes, it does work.

For the snapshot that is crashing, try to identify the tab(s) that are causing the crash and remove them from the snapshot. Report which sites are causing the crash to OmniGroup.

Boatguy sent us a list of pages for a workspace that was crashing, and I was able to reproduce the problem and hopefully fixed it in revision 97922.