The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

How/where to store project details, notes? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Folks,
I searched to no avail. I have two major questions:
  1. Where are people storing project notes (ie conversations with staff, brainstorming results, progress notes, outstanding questions, etc.) associated with their projects? What are the best practices?
  2. What application are you using to store them?

Regarding the where:
  1. Should project notes be kept in a project file with all other project files (like images, web pages, PDF, etc.?
  2. Or should project notes be kept in a separate hierarchy along with all other project notes?

Regarding the application:
I was using Mindjet MindManager on the PC for all my project outlines and notes, but MindManager files aren't indexed by spotlight.

I know that someone was using a script to create an OmniOutliner document in a Reference folder hierarchy matching the OmniFocus project hierarchy.

However, OmniOutliner doesn't share text very well with others not using OmniOutliner, so I'm considering just going back to MS Word. Any thoughts before making this leap?

I'd love to learn more about your systems in play.

rutilate