The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

A sample project could be helpful Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I breezed over the forums but didn't notice this anywhere. I'm still somewhat new to proper project management and project management software, that said I think it would be greatly helpful to provide a sample project that highlights features from the program (the project's homepage has a features section, it looks like the document those screen shots are based on are exactly what I'm talking about).

If you (Omni) were able to provide a sample document that would be great, if not, perhaps some of the other people on the forum may be willing to.

thanks so much.

Taylor

SharedPlan Software offers a free project management application, OpenPlanning, and a free online public repository for plans. Using OpenPlanning, you can open and view any of the hundreds of plans in the repository and even save it as your own and alter it to suit your needs.

There are plans in there for planting a garden, putting on a children's play, building a house, or making documentaries in Afghanistan. To view any of the public plans, open OpenPlanning, select File/Open Shared Project by ID, and enter the Project ID shown on the project summary page in the repository.

(Full disclosure: I'm a SharedPlan employee.)

tracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tearles
SharedPlan Software offers a free project management application, OpenPlanning, and a free online public repository for plans. Using OpenPlanning, you can open and view any of the hundreds of plans in the repository and even save it as your own and alter it to suit your needs.

There are plans in there for planting a garden, putting on a children's play, building a house, or making documentaries in Afghanistan. To view any of the public plans, open OpenPlanning, select File/Open Shared Project by ID, and enter the Project ID shown on the project summary page in the repository.

(Full disclosure: I'm a SharedPlan employee.)

tracy

Are they compatible with OmniPlan?????? Otherwise, I believe he was asking for what we all want here on this board, a sample OMNIPLAN PLAN. ;)

Here's that simple model airplane plan. I keep hoping to find time to make one that shows off more features, but I guess this is better than nothing.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Model airplane — styled.omniplan.zip (3.1 KB, 748 views)

Actually it would be better described as access problems... every time I click on the posted example, the refreshed screen tells me to log-in. I do, and it happens again... an infinite loop (if I were to keep trying).

Are you logged into the forums before you click the download link?

Yesterday, I was logged in... but it kept kicking me off when I tried to download.

Thx. I've got the example now.

after downloading the file, I can not open it ,why??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard
Here's that simple model airplane plan. I keep hoping to find time to make one that shows off more features, but I guess this is better than nothing.
I cannot get to that. I am logged in, but I get a page asking me to log in. I do. It keeps looping.....

Sigh.

Peter

I'm not sure why the above link is broken, but try downloading the sample files from the OmniPlan Extras page instead.