The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OF hanging on launch Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I reported this to Omni, but I'm wondering if anyone can suggest a workaround while I'm waiting to hear back (hint, hint).

I'm having a problem where OF hangs if I quit it and restart. I just beachballs after drawing all its windows. If I go to the force-quit window, it says OF is not responding. Right now I can't seem to launch OF at all.

I threw away the prefs and the app and downloaded a new copy of 1.0.2. Same result. This is on a PPC iMac running 10.5.2.

Any suggestions on what else I might try appreciated.

If you just upgraded to 1.0.2, you may have to wait awhile (maybe 30 minutes?) while OF rebuilds your database. This happened to me when I upgraded to 1.0.2 and I thought I had lost all my data!

See this thread for more details: http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthre...6929#post36929

I hope this solves your problem.

Eric

Last edited by Brian; 2008-05-27 at 12:41 PM.. Reason: made link clickable

Quote:
Originally Posted by webalstrom View Post
If you just upgraded to 1.0.2, you may have to wait awhile (maybe 30 minutes?) while OF rebuilds your database. This happened to me when I upgraded to 1.0.2 and I thought I had lost all my data!

See this thread for more details: <http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?p=36929#post36929>

I hope this solves your problem.

Eric
I'd been running the 1.0.2 sneakypeak for a while, so I don't think that's the issue. Also, I've successfully used 1.0.2 itself.

Chris- The support ninjas are working on getting through the email that came in over the long weekend, but we'll be back to you as soon as we can. If you didn't send one already, sending them a sample report would be quite helpful.

To do this, you'll want to do the following:

1) Go to your Applications folder --> Utilities folder--> and launch "Activity Monitor".
2) A window will open that shows all the applications running on your machine. In the list, select OmniFocus.
3) Click on the "Inspect" button on the toolbar
4) Another window will pop-up. Click the "Sample" button on the lower left corner.
5) When it's done taking the sample, click the "Save..." button on the top right and email the document it creates back to us. (If you just respond to the 'we got your email' message we sent out, the report will be attached to your ticket in our system.)

We'll have a look at the report and figure out what's going on. Thanks very much!