The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Quick Entry broken? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
My Quick Entry doesn't work anymore. Whether or not OF is already open, and no matter what I drag onto the OF dock icon, the same thing happens: (1) an "extra" OF icon loads on the far right of the dock, (2) the quick entry window opens, (3) an error window opens that says: "Unable to lock document. Another OmniFocus application had the document locked." Then it's sort of as if all H breaks loose. One or the other or both of the OF windows hang, takes a while to close all OF windows/errors, etc.

I've sent support an email August 28, 2008 10:09:48 PM EDT but haven't gotten a response yet.

Is anyone else having this problem? Does anyone know the cure?

I run the latest versions of OF sneakypeek, Leopard, and iPhone.

Guess a lot of people took the Labor day weekend off.

Anyone?

No issues here. It sounds like you might have two versions of OF installed.

Curt

I've seen this on occasion, but I haven't been able to explicitly reproduce it. I've been saving the old versions of OmniFocus whenever I get a new SneakyPeak version, and every now and then quick entry seems to open one of the older versions.

Sandy, offhand it _sounds_ like you're manually launching one copy of OmniFocus, but Apple's Launch Services only wants to activate a _different_ copy (whether it thinks it's newer, or doesn't recognize the other one, or something else).

Have you tried logging out and back in? If so, what about rebooting?

If you don't intentionally have two copies of OmniFocus, take a peek in your Applications folder and see if there's an extra one lurking there that doesn't belong. There's a bug with the auto software updater (which we plan to fix) that can leave behind the old versions sometimes.