The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

What's your clippings shortcut? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Comand-Shift-C (that's the default, right?) conflicts with the color picker for too many apps. Right now I'm trying out control-option-c.

What's your clippings shortcut?

I've used Control-` since the beginning of time (the "OmniFocus Epoch", that is).

-Dennis

cmd-< makes a nice pair with cmd-> (OmniOutliner Pro's fixed clipping shortcut)

ctrl-opt-cmd-X

Adding ctrl to a shortcut tends to mean it won't conflict with anything, and having a four chord shortcut pretty much means that it definitely won't!

F6, though I was sad to discover that it doesn't work well when I don't have an external keyboard attached to my laptop. Clearly, control over the keyboard lighting strength was worth overriding 3 function keys. >.<

F4 works for me.

update: i'm still using

control-option-space for quick entry
control-option-c for clippings

i like having the 'c' in there because it makes it feel like "a special kind of copy" (command-c), and i like that the two key-combos are almost the same. also, spacebar is reminiscent of other system-wide things, like Spotlight (command-space) or in my case, Launchbar.

Does clippings work with say, FireFox?

I can really only imagine seeing myself use clippings while being online. Or rather, mainly.

For Firefox, the standard clipping service doesn't work (no services work, because it isn't built on the Cocoa frameworks) but there is an alternative mechanism that you can use. Read about it at http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=8251. Or switch to a real browser, like OmniWeb :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
For Firefox, the standard clipping service doesn't work (no services work, because it isn't built on the Cocoa frameworks) but there is an alternative mechanism that you can use. Read about it at http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=8251. Or switch to a real browser, like OmniWeb :-)
I'm always open to new ideas so i'll bite.

Why OmniWeb?

I tried getting used to Safari but simply hate its functionality. FireFox 3.5 has the por- um, Private Browsing Mode, and all the adds on. Mainly I only need Google Toolbar (or some Google apps alternatives) and a good Ad-Blocker. Oh, & I'm a big "1Password" user, so would need that.

If OmniWeb could help me out here, I'd trash FireFox this second...iono, I guess I should look into it.

Edit: So I downloaded OmniWeb and played around with it for a bit under 2 hours. I was impressed, though know I didn't give it enough time to adjust. Not a bad browser, def. a good one. Since I'd never heard of it before I was assuming it would suck and be worse than Safari (I hate Safari) but I really enjoyed it. I doubt i'll delete FireFox, but OmniWeb, not bad.

Last edited by HappyDude; 2009-07-08 at 09:33 AM..