The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Remaining, non-pending? ("Current"?) Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've got a couple of filtering combinations I'd like to use, but that seem impossible with the current "hard-coded" ones in the view bar.

First, in context view, I would like to view all remaining, non-pending, flagged actions, grouped by context. I use this sort of view for the stuff I think I'm going to do for the day. It mostly works with "available" instead of "remaining, non-pending" -- except if I've flagged two consecutive actions in a sequential project. Then only the first will show, and my list will be deceptive (i.e., it won't give me the overview of what I need to do that I want).

Second, in reviewing projects, I'd like to see all remaining, non-pending projects. That is, I want to trust my judgements in starting dates, and not have pending projects show up, but I *do* want to have the on hold (and certainly stalled) projects, to consider whether to make them active. I realise I could do a separate "on hold" review pass, of course.

It seems that what I'd like in both cases is a "remaining, non-pending" option (with a better name, I guess) or, even better, a more flexible way of combining view components. (I.e., checkboxes for stuff like "pending" and "on hold", rather than simply a "remaining" group.) Or even smart groups with boolean logic and the like ;-)

Perhaps someone has a solution with the current functionality?