The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Reviewing stuff Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi folks

Reviewing stuff in OF is ok. But I think it could be better the way it is handled. One of the problems I seem to have with the process in OF is that it doesn't feel 'different' enough when I go into review mode. Does anyone know what I mean?

I'm not sure why, but the review process in OF just doesn't feel as 'satisfying' as I think it could be. I almost feel like doing my review should use a 'different bit' of OF.

I am being purposefully vague here to see if anyone else picks up on this.

I use a Review perspective set to open in a new window with the toolbar hidden and the sidebar closed. This gives a sufficiently different "look" while reviewing and keeps me focused on my review instead of drifting off into collecting or processing.

Curt

I use a similar approach to Curt, and feel that the separate perspective helps in being in a 'different' mode from acting off of lists. The different perspectives are very helpful, my main ones are for inbox processing, review, and then 'doing' in a couple of different larger contexts.

Cool idea to open in new window and close sidebar etc

Now, do perspectives remember toolbar items? I think not - they're global, right? Be great if perspectives remembered toolbar settings. Then I could have different buttons and icons at the top and make it look REALLY like a different page.

One toolbar to bind them all...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BevvyB View Post
Cool idea to open in new window and close sidebar etc

Now, do perspectives remember toolbar items? I think not - they're global, right? Be great if perspectives remembered toolbar settings. Then I could have different buttons and icons at the top and make it look REALLY like a different page.
OF perspectives remember the tool bar setting. Use Perspectives --> Take Snapshot to record the change.

Curt

We're both right, even though we appear to disagree :-)

I think what BevvyB wants is for each perspective to have its own toolbar customization, and that is not provided. There's only one set of toolbar customization settings, stored in the application preferences. However, each perspective does remember whether the toolbar should be displayed.

What I'd like is for omnifocus to show the items one by one, and not in a list. Now, if there's something on top of the list that I have some sort of resistance against I tend to glance over that one and look at the next on the list.

Or is that some setting I haven't found yet?

If you are running Leopard, check out the OmniFidget widget that can be found here on the main product page.