The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Critical Path and Task Dates Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Let me first say, kudos to Omnigroup for such a great product!

Now, I am somewhat new to Omniplan so I am sure these topics have already been covered but I could not find a good up-to-date answer.

1) I have several tasks (call them tasks 1-5) that are prerequisites to critical path tasks yest these tasks (1-5) are not showing up on the critical path. The tasks are driven by constrains (so I have not set the dates explicitly). As a test, if I change the duration of the want-to-be critical path tasks, they drive out the end date and all tasks on the critical path. So I think they are linked correctly, but they are not highlighted on the CP.

2) I am running version 1.6.3 and was curious if the feature to display task dates we incorporated a this point. If not, this is a must have. Otherwise, there is the need to constantly scroll up to the date headers and try to line up the tasks with the date.

Thanks for any help!

You can use the Help->Send Feedback command to send a copy of your file to Omni's support ninjas, automatically stripped of any sensitive information. If you tell them which task ids you are looking at, they can tell you if the behavior you are seeing is correct or not. You could also post a copy of the anonymized file here and see which route gets you an answer quicker :-)

As for the show task dates command, I'm not quite sure what you are requesting. The inspector will show the dates, and if you hover the cursor over the bar on the Gantt chart, a tooltip will appear to show the dates and completion percentage.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 14.png
Views:	435
Size:	16.5 KB
ID:	1083  

whpalmer4: thanks for the information.

With respect to the task dates, I am specifically looking to show the task dates when the plan is exported to HTML or PDF. This would allow recipients of the report (that do not have Omniplan) to easily see start and end dates.