The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniFocus 1.9.3 on Lion no longer allows toolbar separator Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
When customizing the toolbar in OmniFocus 1.9.3 on Lion (10.7.1), there's no longer an option to add a separator. It's there in v1.9.3 on Snow Leopard (10.6.8). Is this a Lion thing, or some strange new feature of OmniFocus?

Either way, do I have any hope of getting it back? I like the separator in the toolbar to keep my various groups of perspectives...um...separated :-)

Oh, the "customize" toolbar button is missing under Lion, too.

I've attached screenshots for you to compare.

thanks,

Chris
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CustomizeToolbarInLion.png
Views:	1335
Size:	107.4 KB
ID:	2019   Click image for larger version

Name:	CustomizeToolbarInSnowLeopard.png
Views:	1304
Size:	115.8 KB
ID:	2020  

It looks like this was something Apple decided to remove in Lion. Found this:
Quote:
In 10.7, the Customize Toolbar item and the Separator item (with the vertical dots) have been removed from toolbars and customization palettes, and their item identifiers are ignored.
From Otter Software Blog

Last edited by derekr; 2011-09-13 at 06:08 PM..

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekr View Post
It looks like this was something Apple decided to remove in Lion...
Ah, right. Sorry for being a jerk and not googling this on my own. Seems a surprising choice by Apple to me. I don't suppose OmniGroup would consider adding it back anyway? Are separators really that heinous, Apple? :-)

Thanks for info, and the amazingly quick reply!

Chris

Unfortunately, no — I can't say for sure, but the code required to add separators might even still be in our applications! (In the aforeposted link, Apple states they will ignore references to both buttons.)

Right, I figure the code is indeed still in there since the same version of OmniFocus on Snow Leopard has the separators. I just hoped that maybe a custom, no-op toolbar item that just happens to look like a separator could be added...

Hmmm...I could probably hack this myself by creating a perspective and just setting the icon to look like a separator. :-)

...or I'll just give in to Apple and get used to only using spacers.