The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Feature Requests
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniWeb "Message of the Day" Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
When the most recent OmniWeb update was announced, I skipping reading the description of changes and proceeded with the update. I expected I could read the description of the recent changes in OmniWeb's Help > Message of the Day.

Ooops! It's OmniFocus that has Help > Message of the Day.

Some prospecting of the OmniWeb Sneaky Peek site uncovered the OmniWeb Message of the Day page. This page appears to be the be the foundation for an integrated Message of the Day feature in OmniWeb. (Don't bookmark this page -- it's release-specific.)

Until Help > Message of the Day arrives, I've bookmarked the OmniWeb Sneaky Peek Builds page. The "Release notes..." links display the Message of the Day for each release.

You should also be able to enter the url

omniweb://English.lproj/MessageOfTheDay.html

and see the MOTD for the downloaded version.

Thanks, Dave, for the magic URL.

It looks like all we need now is an addition to the Help menu, which I assume is somewhere on the to-do list.

Until then, I'll use my new OmniWeb Message of the Day bookmark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_m View Post
You should also be able to enter the url

omniweb://English.lproj/MessageOfTheDay.html

and see the MOTD for the downloaded version.
Thanks for this great tip.