The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Restoring from Backup - Okay maybe not... Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I just tried to restore from a backup that was 1 week old and got this message:

"The operation could not be completed. No other information is available about the problem."

Last edited by blewis; 2008-07-22 at 06:31 PM..

Wow, that was rather unhelpful! Hrmm.... Which version of OmniFocus are you running now? 1.1? 1.0.2? 1.0.3? What version were you running when the backup was created?

Can you check in the Console for any recent error messages that might have come from OmniFocus?

I've had the same thing with fresh backups working with the latest Sneaky Peak about a day ago. Logged it with support [OG #313980] with my database attached and have since given up on using the "backup" - I've just "exported" the file as an OmniFocus document instead for my backups now. Made the file a fraction of the old size too.

I was importing a week old OF 1.1.sneaky backup file into the Latest OF 1.1.sneaky.

Despite the uninformative error message, it does appear that the backup database was being reverted to. I think that makes the error message even _more_ uninformative.