The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Phasing in OmniPlan Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi there fellow Omni users,

I'm fairly new to Mac and thus the Omni products. With the persuasion of my fellow university students I purchased OmniPlan, which I really really love. No more MS Project for me! I'm currently following a course in Project Control and Risk Management and for that I need to make me some planning. Using OmniPlan I stumbled upon a gab in my knowledge. I need to design and plan a construction process with several activities simultaneously going on and for the imagery construction company it is necessary to divide the project in phases (of which CAD drawing can be made). So i divide the project in about 13 cases and made some drawings of them. Now I want to show the prof how the phases look in the planning. Didn't know how, but i found google and it showed me this images: , which looks awesome. But how do I do that? And is it possible to make phases of task which are not directly below each other?

If necessary I can attach the OmniPlan file,

I hope my problem is clear! Thx.

Oh damn, forgot the second question. Is it possible to create a precedence diagram () in OmniPlan / Graffle of the project?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lector View Post
But how do I do that? And is it possible to make phases of task which are not directly below each other?
How do you do what? Make the different colors on that sample chart? That's just a matter of defining some styles and applying them. Open up that sample doc, bring up the Project: Styles inspector and you can see what was done. Once you have some styles defined, select the row(s) to which the style should be applied and apply them.

Regarding the precedence diagram question: I don't have any experience with diagrams like that, but it seems like you could create that main shape pretty easily.

1) Draw rectangle, then option-drag out three more copies.
2) Select three of the four shapes, then use Arrange -> Align -> Make Centered Row to neaten 'em up some; the remaining shape will eventually become your wider middle rectangle.
3) Use the arrow keys to nudge the shapes in the row until you have them exactly how you want them.
4) Arrange -> Align -> Group the three shapes in the row, then option-drag out another copy of the group. Now you have your bottom.
5) Stretch the leftover rectangle from step 1 until it's the same width as the top and/or bottom; Arrange -> Guides -> Smart Alignment Guides will help with that.
6) Arrange them into the final shape and group them. You've got your prototype shape.

Export the document as a stencil and you're set for any more documents you create in the future. Hope that helps!

Lector, are you looking for a precedence diagram that locks? E.g. no matter where you move Activity E, it will always be locked to Activity B?