The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Mail rule creates double of added action Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Using the Mail rule to create OF actions results in two actions added to OF.

Since updating to OF 1.7, using the OF Mail Rule produces two identical actions in OF. The tasks are correct in regards to action details, but a double is created. I am using the “--” trigger and do not archive the processed messages. The processed message is appropriately deleted.

OF 1.7
OSX 10.5.8

[I have reported this feedback via email.]

Have you looked for multiple rules present in your rules list?

I had this problem with an earlier version, but it turned out I had another Omnifocus mail rule hiding in the list :)

- Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by dschaffner View Post
Have you looked for multiple rules present in your rules list?

I had this problem with an earlier version, but it turned out I had another Omnifocus mail rule hiding in the list :)
No multiple copies of this rule present—only one copy listed in outbox rules. I've only observed this behaviour since upgrading to OF 1.7.

Issue resolved by disabling Mail rule in OF preferences > Mail, deleting Mail rule in Mail preferences > Rules > Outbox, then reenabling the Mail rule in OF.