The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OF lost all data Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I opened up Omnifocus this morning to make sure I had everything I need for errands today, only to find it as if I was opening it for the first time, with the Intro tasks & projects, and none of my own information.

Semi-fortunately, it reverted to backup without a problem, so I only lost the 2-3 hours I put in last night, organizing projects and tasks and entering date information for everything.

I guess I should backup after any significant session, eh?

Last edited by rafter; 2007-11-30 at 06:40 AM.. Reason: misspelling in title!

rafter,

You may want to go into Preferences and turn on "Also backup when quitting". I haven't had data corruption problems in 6 months. Having all the backup options checked might be the reason why, through some weird corollary of Murphy's Law.

Curt

Could you check /Applications/Utilites/Console.app to see if there are any messages from OmniFocus? Are you using any syncing software? We take any sort of data loss very seriously, so if you can let us know how to replicate it or even some details as to how to cause it, it could help us track this down.

how come everytime i open the program, i get the omni intro file, and my data is gone?

i have to revert to a backup. but then next time i open the program, i get the same omni start page.

i tried rebuilding my database, but it doesn't do anything. what did i do wrong? appreciate the help.

Do you have backups enabled like Curt mentioned above ?
I've never used the welcome template myself so I'm wondering if that has anything to do with it ?

First go to " omni focus " then preferences then the general tab and check your backup prefs ...

If you're set to backup I'm wondering if the welcome template is trashing data somehow ? or is your data in another open window ?
If you click on " window " in the menu bar , how many show as open ?

i have only the backup once a day checked. late last night, i found a "lock" file in the database file location. i trashed it. no this morning, when i open the application, only my file comes up. yahoo!

i wonder if the lock file was added when installing a new version of omnifocus on a new hard drive?

when i was having a problem (last night) i did check, and only the one window (the welcome template) was open. thanks for the input.

no problem ; ) , the lock file might have been from the template..
I've never used it , so I don't know .