The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Push email into inbox on the iPhone? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've just downloaded the iPhone version of OmniFocus (very nice!) and am wondering if it's possible to configure email to automagically get pushed into OmniFocus's inbox?

The usage pattern I'm thinking of is this: I get an email from bugzilla when someone enters a new bug for something I'm working on. This gets pushed to the iPhone, and I get a nice little alert sound. It'd also be unbelievably great if the bug report could find it's way into a "Work" context automatically.

I heard of someone setting up a dedicated push email account specifically for this purpose, which would be fine. Do I need the desktop version of OmniFocus to do this sort of thing, or is the iPhone app sufficient. (No macs at my workplace, sadly.)

Thanks for your advice!

I believe you'll need the desktop version. It has rules that capture incoming emails and route them to your OF inbox, as well as clipping tools for transferring info to OF.

If you have a Mac at home, you can install the OF version there and leave the computer running during the day with the Mail app running. Forward the emails to your Mac email addy, and the rules will place it in the OF inbox. The inbox will then be synced to your iPhone, and the email will show up like magic on your phone's inbox! The first time this happened over the weekend to me I laughed out loud!

Oh cool, thanks for that!