The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 4 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

How do I indent only Level 5 rows? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I can't seem to adjust the indentation of level X rows. I remember being able to micromanage each levels indentation on OO3, but can't figure it out on OO4.

I want Row 4 and 5 to indent further than the other rows. How to?

That is no longer possible in 4. You have control over the indentation level for the whole document and control over whether child rows of any given parent are indented to that value or no indentation at all.

Would you mind sharing your use case for this and I'll add your feedback to our database. You can also email this to us at omnioutliner@omnigroup.com if you would prefer. Thanks!

Too bad. Why was that feature not carried over?

I will share but don't know it means "my use case".

I would also appreciate this being reintroduced. My use case is that I often use OO, either directly or importing from an mindmap, to make syllabi and other document. So, the ultimate document being produced isn't really an outline, but the outline structure is great for composing the document. It looks great if I can keep, say, levels 1-3 unindented. Level 1 is large and bold as a section heading; level 2 is not as large and italicized as a sub-section heading; level 3 is "paragraph" text and level 4 is a list of readings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghoetker View Post
I would also appreciate this being reintroduced. My use case is that I often use OO, either directly or importing from an mindmap, to make syllabi and other document. So, the ultimate document being produced isn't really an outline, but the outline structure is great for composing the document. It looks great if I can keep, say, levels 1-3 unindented. Level 1 is large and bold as a section heading; level 2 is not as large and italicized as a sub-section heading; level 3 is "paragraph" text and level 4 is a list of readings.
You can do this as far as you've described. You make level 2 and 3 not indent at all and then any deeper levels indent. Those deeper levels will need to use the same amount of indentation though. But this is a pro setting now.

I think a use case is just saying how I use it, so:

I find OO4 docs hard to read since one cannot indent child rows and without indenting it all becomes jumbled. Hard to read and certainly not usable for presentations or printing out. If I can indent each row independently it becomes readable and looks sharp rather than cluttered.