The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Omnigraffle resizing in Lion Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
This is driving me nuts and I cannot figure out why Omnigraffle is doing this. I recently upgraded to Lion and I am running Omnigraffle Pro 5.3. For some reason Omnigraffle will suddenly decide to resize, or actually zoom, the document I am working on. I have disabled "Auto adjust the canvas size" in the Canvas: Size pane and I cannot find anything else that might cause this.

For example, I'll be working on a bezier curve and I have the magnification set at 150%, I'll twiddle a point and all of a sudden Omnigraffle starts jerking the image and zooming it in, moving it around, and will eventually settle at some other - apparently - arbitrary - size, the latest was it jerked from 150% up to 225%. I did not ask it to do this and the size is inappropriate - I don't want it, and while it is jerking away I cannot do anything and I do not know when it will stop. Nor do I know what started it!

Any ideas how I can stop this?

Thanks - Lawrence

I saw the same behavior.

Sorry for this possibly naive answer. Are you sure that the "Auto-Adjust the Canvas Size" checkbox is unchecked? That made my drawings change abruptly until I unchecked it. Once it senses an object is (or may be?) outside the canvas size, it makes the canvas bigger.

It seems to be a new feature of Lion - smart zoom :)

If you are using magic mouse or trackpad it's quite easy to activate it unintentionaly.

Sorry to learn in this thread that Lion is getting "smart" er . Increasingly I find that smart means: conforms to the norm. I don't.

Actually, I'm having this the other way round: I used to hold the CMD-key when scrolling with my magic mouse and the object zoomed in or out. Now it doesn't and I can't find a way to get that back. Any clues? (Could be the ALTkey as well, like Illustrator.)