The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Clipping Stopped Working [SOLVED: Bug in Safari 4; get most recent browser rel.] Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
We've looked into this still further and discovered that Safari 4 completely breaks OmniFocus' mail processing rule. It also partially breaks OmniFocus' ability to clip mail messages that use HTML to format their content.

For clipping, Safari 4 beta breaks the mail Clip-o-tron for HTML messages. However, if you select content in the message, you can clip that.

Previously, the only suggestion we had for folks encountering these problems was to revert to Safari 3 until Apple has a new build of Safari 4 ready with a fixed version of WebKit. That's still an option, of course.

If folks do want leave Safari 4 installed, our new suggestion is to temporarily disable the mail rule in OmniFocus' preferences, and to uninstall the clip-o-tron. This will prevent the error messages that folks have been getting in OmniFocus while still allowing them to use Safari 4 on their machines if they choose. (Though they will be unable to use the mail rule, and will have to manually select the contents of the messages they want to clip from mail.)

Editing thread title to reflect the most recent information. When Apple has a new build of Safari that fixes the WebKit bug causing these problems, we'll add a new post to this thread.

Last edited by Brian; 2009-05-01 at 02:38 PM.. Reason: Add info to make it clearer that we can't fix the bug in webkit.

Thanks for the update. I'd just gotten a new mbp and after migration assistant was back to Safari 3 and mail processing (of course) worked again :)

Thanks again for the great support. I tried to ditch Safari 4 but you can't just drag it into the trash. It won't let you install Safari 3 again. Can anyone tell me the steps to go back to Safari 3?

Thanks...

You need to download the S4 installer, which has an uninstaller that can take you back to S3.

I keep getting "The script handler failed" each time I attempt to clip from Mac Mail to OmniFocus. This has worked in the past, but not now. Error dialog box image is attached.

Thanks for the assist.

Mark
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 8.jpg
Views:	335
Size:	18.7 KB
ID:	919  

Are you running Safari 4? It breaks mail clipping.

Curt

Are you clipping out of Gmail? I was having the same problem for a while for a gmail account, but somehow fixed it. If that's the problem you are having let me know.

Dear Omnifocus Wizards:

Apple today released a new version of Safari 4.0 Beta, 5528.17. I don't suppose you know if this has fixed the mail clipping problem?

thanks
FB.

New beta of S4 out today. Downloading now. Keeping fingers crossed.

It works! Bug fixed.

Brian, you may want to change the title of the post yet again to reflect the better fix.

Thanks all.

-Ben