The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OF on a laptop and desktop at the same time Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've just found a way of allowing me to work with OF on my laptop and desktop at the same time- Little Snitch http://www.obdev.at/products/littlesnitch/index.html
It simply refuses to allow OF access to my Airport connection and so I don't get that license nightmare when I accidentally forget to quit OF on either computer before opening it on the other.
I don't think it's against the terms of the license to deny OF access to MY network. And so in effect they are not open at the same time.
Controversial?

Come on Omni this is an organizer at a very high price point (how much have you made in sales of OF alone!?) and I should be able to do this method of workflow. Little Snitch sorts it out.

Yes, this works, but it also means that you're violating the license agreement that you agreed to. 1 person can install the license on many machines, but can only use the app on one machine at a time.

If we wrote the code the way you want it to work, a 10-person company could buy a 1 seat license and then give it to everyone, because we have no real way of telling 'oh, these two machines are owned by this person'.

We make the five seat family pack licenses available for less than the cost of a 2 seat license; that would be the supported way to go about what you're trying to do.