The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

stencil question Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,
I'm in need of a tool to do some database modeling on a mac - I have downloaded the trial version of omnigraffle pro and found a great MySQL stencil on Gaffletopia but found that I don't have the folder (~/Library/Application Support/OmniGraffle/Stencils/) - there is no OmniGraffle in my Application Support folder.
I'm just wondering if I only get the ability to add stencils when I purchase the software? I wanted to make sure I could do this kind of schema diagram before I purchased so am hoping it's possible.
Thanks!

Just create that directory and path in the Finder if it doesn't exist, alternatively if you create a new stencil in Graffle and save, OmniGraffle will create the directory automatically.

Hope that helps,

cool - ok - I created OmniGraffle/Stencils in my Library/Application Support directory - now I can't figure out how to use the stencil in a diagram?- when I look at the list of stencils it's not in the list - am I missing a step?
Thanks!

ok - I'm wondering if it's because this stencil has the .sit instead of .gstencil extension? my computer says the .sit file is plain text - I tried changing the extension but then get the error it couldn't parse the plist - the note on this stencil is that it was created in version 1 and I'm using the pro version 5 - is that what the problem may be?
any suggestions?

A .sit extension means it's a compressed Stuffit file, if you don't have Stuffit Expander it can be obtained from Stuffit.

awesome - thanks!