The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Strange Project Icon Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have a project with a strange icon.

It appears to be an alarm clock.

I am not sure what it means, or how it got there.

This project also keeps disappearing from my view.

Any ideas.
Attached Images

for me it is a project that I logged a future date to start the project...which is probably the wrong way

I didn't know how to earmark a project that I wasn't going to start until June 15, 2008. I really --- in some ways --- started it a month ago when I created it.

could this be what happened for you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelande View Post
I have a project with a strange icon.

It appears to be an alarm clock.

I am not sure what it means, or how it got there.

This project also keeps disappearing from my view.

Any ideas.
as you can see in the attached pictures. if selected remaining. you see the highlighted project has a start date in the future. the alarm clock means there is a set date in the future when the project gets active and you get "alarmed/notified". and the getting active statement also answers your second question about disappearing. take a look at the active selection. the alarm clock projects are masked out ;)

hope that helped. cheers k:d
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	remaining.jpg
Views:	428
Size:	20.3 KB
ID:	498   Click image for larger version

Name:	active.jpg
Views:	434
Size:	17.5 KB
ID:	499  

Thanks that was it - I had set the project start date to the following day.

Funny, I don't remember seeing that before, and I know I have set future dates - maybe I have only set future dates on tasks, and thats why it was new to me