The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Last call for OmniFocus 1.7 feedback! Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
I've split your feedback off into its own new bug (<bug://bugs/55639> (Numbers in 1.7's sidebar item count badges should be better centered)), but it might have to wait for 1.7.1 at this point.
Thanks, Ken. No rush. I've been having fun with the new dot indicators in the sidebar - they're great with small fonts. :-)

-Dennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toadling View Post
Oh, one more niggling cosmetic issue: love the new attachment file names but they can get a bit out of control if the file has a very long name. Maybe they could be wrapped or truncated with full reveal on mouse-over? Or maybe have the option to position the label to the right of the icon, as can be done in the Finder?
Sounds like a fine suggestion, though not something I'd want to hold back 1.7 for.

I finally felt brave enough to try to 1.7 SneakyPeek today. The download/installation went just fine, however none of my perspective showed up. I looked for the ".loaded" file (or whatever the name is... can't recall it offhand but I knew what I was looking for) and it was not there. (And yes, I had invisible files turned on.)

I was able to switch back to 1.6.1 with no problem. It even preserved the few changes I made to my OF file. And my perspectives were all back.

I did like what I saw in 1.7, especially the new perspective editor. I did not particularly like the new view bar (too dark, too much screen space). Is there away to go back to the old style (a secret Terminal hack?).

I think the perspective transfer is a big issue which needs to be resolved before making 1.7 official.

Just my 2 cents worth. (And help getting my perspectives to transfer over would be greatly appreciated!)

Eric

MacBookPro
Mac 10.5.8

So does this mean that publishing due task reminders to web calendars (like OmniFocus for iPhone 1.5.2 does already) has been added to 1.7 now? I haven't actually tested, nor have I seen it in the release notes, but maybe I missed something.

-Dennis

Webalstrom,

which version of the SP did you use? I know Ken fixed at least one bug in this area last night (and did away with the ".loaded" file in the process, it appears). How did you determine that your perspectives didn't transfer? Did you look in the Perspectives window, or at the Perspectives menu? They won't be installed in the toolbar by default, so if the absence of perspective buttons in the toolbar was how you concluded they didn't transfer, you may have been misled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by webalstrom View Post
I think the perspective transfer is a big issue which needs to be resolved before making 1.7 official.
Agreed!

Could you double-check whether your perspectives import when using r117865 or later?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toadling View Post
So does this mean that publishing due task reminders to web calendars (like OmniFocus for iPhone 1.5.2 does already) has been added to 1.7 now? I haven't actually tested, nor have I seen it in the release notes, but maybe I missed something.
No, sorry… I'm afraid it means we've decided it's more important to ship the improvements which are already in 1.7 (especially the Snow Leopard compatibility fixes)—so we've pushed any unimplemented new features off to 1.7.x.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
I know Ken fixed at least one bug in this area last night (and did away with the ".loaded" file in the process, it appears).
Actually, what I did was to make the code more careful about only writing the .loaded file after it successfully saved the new perspectives to the new database after loading them. When I saw your message this morning (sorry I didn't reply!), I investigated further and discovered that while we were loading the old perspective, we weren't saving it yet because the database was in the process of being loaded. So I restructured the code a bit to make that work, and you should start seeing .loaded files again in r117865 and later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
Since OmniFocus 1.x still supports 10.4, we can't use them yet, but we'll look into switching to them for OmniFocus 2 (which will require 10.6).
So am I understanding correctly that OmniFocus 2 will be Snow Leopard only?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Jones View Post
So am I understanding correctly that OmniFocus 2 will be Snow Leopard only?
Yes, the next major versions of all our Mac apps will only run on Snow Leopard. (OmniGraffle 6, OmniFocus 2, OmniPlan 2, OmniOutliner 4, …)