The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Feature Requests
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Support for inquisitor Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I know it's been brought up before, but I'd love to see support for the Inquisitor search plug-in for Safari.

Sadly its not up to Omnigroup, its up to David Watanabe. He added support for Camino a while back, but then removed it as it 'wasn't worth the effort'. His attitude to supporting Omniweb has been 'no way' because too much of a 'minority'. :o(

OK, thanks, I'll try nagging him :-)

Good luck! If enough people get on his case, you never know, he may change his mind!

DW is perhaps the best indie app developer for OS X out there. I actually use _all_ his products (except InquisitorX obviously), on a daily basis.

The Omni Group should give him a call IMHO.

:cool:

yes I would really like to get Inquisitor in OmniWeb.

Maybe it would be possible to start with this

http://inquisitorx.com/beta/

David Watanabe is an ass. He treats his users with disrespect. I bought Newsfire before I had a run in with him, and I pretty much refuse to buy any more of his products. Be careful asking him for help or submitting a bug or feature request. He thinks he's gods gift to software development.

You look to be right ...

I posted a request before you post your comment, this what I got.
Quote:
[DWBlog] Please moderate: "Inquisitor 3: 2 weeks, 75,000 downloads"

David Watanabe
<davew@exosci.com> à moi
Autres options 21 nov. (il y a 3 jours)
That's really never going to happen. Ever.

has it to be Inquisitor by all means ?

install Butler and you'll get a fully customizable search entry field IN THE MENUBAR among other great features like shortcuts for each and every thinkable action like launching (even groups of) apps, opening documents, opening folders, opening web addresses of your main sites by simple shortcuts and so on ... also scripts can be used by shortcuts ... another great feature are unlimited paste boards, sytem shortcut groups (if you want in the menu bar or at any position at the edge of the screen) ... etc, etc ...

the search bar is functioning with the declared main browser, so, if you decide to change the main browser, the search, with dozens of your own serch engines, continues to work.

one hint though:
you'll be best advised to think about a system of shortcuts prior to creating them, for instance:
all typing shortcuts using ctrl-shft + any (meaningful) key,
all all web links using ctrl-opt-shft + any (meaningful) key,
all maintenance apps using ctrl-opt-cmd + any (meaningful) key
all utilities using opt-cmd + any (meaningful) key
etc
etc

get Butler here, it's free:

http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/12170

Last edited by Omnius; 2006-11-24 at 10:20 AM..