The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

move contents of only one column of a row? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have set up a document with two columns, dates and activities for that date.

I want to be able to drag and drop the activities from one date to another. But whenever I try to drag just the item in the activity column, the date moves with it. I tried option-dragging but that just duplicates it. I want to be able to move the items of one column while having the other column stay fixed.

Sorry, this isn't possible. We do have an existing request about it though.

Will this be a feature in OO4?

I hope so.

I hope so, too. One of the main reasons I (regrettably at this point) shelled out for OO Pro was to have a better alternative to table-based formatting in a word processor for designing academic syllabi. These are basically a column of dates and a column of assignments. I want to be able to drag and drop assignments from one week to another, without taking the dates along with the assignments, but it's not possible.

I would love to see this feature as well. I am currently manually adjusting the dates for my course, which is very time consuming.

I did the same thing: created an outline for my class, added a date column, & then found out that when moving, it's the entire row or nothing.

Please add this feature to 4.0.

Can you post a sample outline, and an example of a change you would like to make to it? Maybe we can figure out a different way to do what you need while you wait for that which you request...