The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

CrashCatcher and Thunderbird Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
This really applies to all Omni apps, but I couldn't see anywhere more appropriate to post, and it's mostly affecting the OW sneakypeeks for me at the moment.

So: What is the deal with OmniCrashCatcher not being able to send reports using Thunderbird? Is it a bug in one, the other, or both? Is there any action I could take to help get it fixed?

I want to send in crash reports, but I'm not going to change my default mail program just for CrashCatcher's sake. If a proper fix won't be appearing any time soon, then it would be nice if CrashCatcher could be made configurable to use a different mail client than the default.

I would presume the problem must be specific to Thunderbird or the way you have things set up. I use GyazMail and have no problem sending CrashCatcher reports.

Mark

There is a warning shown iff you have Thunderbird set as your default mail program, the first time CrashCatcher is invoked (I think).