The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

OmniPlan Feature Questions/Requests Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello-

I am currently ramping up on using OP to track multiple constructions projects and crews simultaneously. I have a few questions that might be a result of not figuring out a feature yet, or they may become requests as our reliance on teh product will continue to grow if it proves effective.

1) Is there a way, in Resource view, to have the software select the resources that are allocated for the time period being viewed....currently I have to look at the time line see what is supposed to happen, then go to resource view view and select those resources. We have too many line items in our resources to select them all.....

2) It would be great if there were a "today" button or a 2 week look ahead button that would locate the date on the screen to the current date. A lot of our projects are multi-year so scrolling around is not that great.

3) Is there a way to create a file of resources then select the one that will be used for a project, then those would populate the resource view instead of having all known resources in there.

That's all for now.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by msbendle

1) Is there a way, in Resource view, to have the software select the resources that are allocated for the time period being viewed....currently I have to look at the time line see what is supposed to happen, then go to resource view view and select those resources. We have too many line items in our resources to select them all.....

2) It would be great if there were a "today" button or a 2 week look ahead button that would locate the date on the screen to the current date. A lot of our projects are multi-year so scrolling around is not that great.

3) Is there a way to create a file of resources then select the one that will be used for a project, then those would populate the resource view instead of having all known resources in there.

That's all for now.

Thanks
These features aren't in Omniplan, but I will go ahead and file feature requests for all of these in our database. :-)