The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Pasting style--shouldn't Inspector update? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have a document with 3 different styles showing up in Inspector: Canvas: Selection. Yet when I click on an object and drag the style chit from the bottom left that contains all its style attributes onto an object, even though the object immediately takes on the new style attributes, the count in Inspector: Canvas: Selection doesn't reset accordingly. I don't really understand how to create and use styles completely yet, so this is driving me nuts. Why wouldn't the Inspector accurately reflect the numbers of styles in the canvas?

Maybe I don't understand how to create a "new" style. I thought if you selected an object, and then changed the color or shape or some other attribute, it immediately became a new style. When I do this, it DOES immediately show up under the Style menu as a Canvas Style. So why doesn't the Inspector: Canvas: Selection show this new style?

So apparently the deal is that "color is not enough." That's what I'm seeing here.

If you change the color of an object, the Canvas Styles list dropdown menu on the Shape icon at the top OG updates immediately. That implies PRESTO, you have a new style. But the Inspector: Canvas: Selection area does not update--ever. UNLESS, you change some other attribute, like shape.

This is confusing to me. Is it a program bug, or do I just not understand Styles well enough?

Problem solved, courtesy of email from OmniGroup! Thank you, OmniScholars.

In the lower left of the Selection Inspector is a drop-down menu to filter the selection based on styles. Make sure that the menu is set to use all the styles.