The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Do OG Stencils Work the Same with OG for iPad ? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I do not have an iPad to check this with. I use OG Pro for Mac heavily, and I have three OG Stencils, that I have made available on GraffleTopia:
Entity Relation Diagram
Data Model (IDEF1X) -- complex objects
Process Model (SSADM)

Now Dennis (who has OG for iPad but not OG for Mac) wants to know, has anyone used them on OG for iPad (as in, do they work) ?

I presume, they do, as I designed the Stencils explicitly to be composed of simple objects, and for non-Pro, but I have not found someone with an iPad and OG for iPad, to prove it.

Cheers
Derek

All 3 appear to download and install in the stencil menu without incident, and are indicated as compatible with OmniGraffle for iPad on the Graffletopia site. I had no trouble making a facsimile of the example shown on the Graffletopia page for the ERD diagram with the components provided by the stencil. I was able to do so without disturbing the two felines slumbering on top of me, so I'm going to call this one a successful use of tablet computing.

If the chap has an iPad and OG app already, what was stopping him from trying it? I could understand being reluctant to purchase the app not knowing if it would suit your needs, but the stencil should fit most any budget :-)

That's a fair amount of effort, thanks, Bill. I was expecting someone who already had the stencils loaded to respond.

I get a fair amount of email re the stencils. This one was clearly a newbie on a trial; with the list of questions he had, it sounded like a pre-purchase decision.

Ok, now for the progressed version of the question. Can you please look at this thread. On OG for iPad, Do my stencils get rasterised and thus lose their vector quality like that ?

Last edited by DerekAsirvadem; 2012-03-15 at 04:54 PM..

The beauty of the iPad app is that it really wasn't very much effort at all. Maybe 5 minutes for the whole project. Some things are kind of fiddly to do on the iPad, but this wasn't one of them.