The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Project Column in Context View Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
In Projects view the "Context" column is pretty narrow. It's a decent size and works well, most context names are short.

The problem is that the "Projects" column in Context view is the same size. Project Names tend to be much longer then Context names, and end up wrapping, often 3 or 4 times.

Is there some way to adjust the column size I'm missing? Just not implemented yet?

Sorry if this has been addressed already, tried searching for previous threads on it but didn't find any.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotung
The problem is that the "Projects" column in Context view is the same size. Project Names tend to be much longer then Context names, and end up wrapping, often 3 or 4 times.

Is there some way to adjust the column size I'm missing? Just not implemented yet?
Column size adjustments aren't implemented yet, but are promised.

You might also look at the menu item View --> Collapse Row Text When Not Editing. This gives a more compact display at the expense of some information hiding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by curt.clifton
You might also look at the menu item View --> Collapse Row Text When Not Editing. This gives a more compact display at the expense of some information hiding.
Aha! That's useful. I had looked at that menu command but for some reason assumed it applied to the note attachments. It makes a bid difference, and now all I have to do is make sure there's enough meaning in the first few words of my project titles.

We're still in the process of implementing adjustable column widths, but for those of you willing to work with Terminal here is work around posted in our Message of the Day . . .

Added defaults for column widths: ProjectColumnWidth, ContextColumnWidth, DurationColumnWidth, StartDateColumnWidth, and DueDateColumnWidth. (We still need to add UI for controlling these, but for now you can get at them with commands like "defaults write com.omnigroup.OmniFocus ProjectColumnWidth -int 200"

I'm assuming the specified integer is considered as pixels by OF?