The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

New Video tutorial or draft manual Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi All,

I think it is now really needed to drop a new video or draft manual for OmniFocus. Since the Application is now getting better but more complex, I'm keen on seeing/reading how the bag of tricks meant to work in OF. I'd love to see an video where Ethan sets up an complex project, explaining all recently added features and explaining all once again...

OmniFocus is still not 'A system you can trust' for me, since it sometimes does thing I do not get yet. And because I don't use all features, and thus won't find all nasty bugs ;-)

--
jacco

Would it not be a good idea to set up a wiki? As it's still being developed anything that's shown in a new video will soon be out of date too.

Just a thought,
Matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcf1986 View Post
Would it not be a good idea to set up a wiki? As it's still being developed anything that's shown in a new video will soon be out of date too.
Actually, there is a wiki started by one of the forum members (not me, but I think it is a good idea).

http://scotaganda.com/omni/index.php?title=Main_Page

Some sort of documentation is needed. As someone who waited until just a couple of weeks ago to finally dive in and learn OmniFocus, I can tell you that it's really confusing. The videos are out of date (and Ethan's taxonomy crazy set up doesn't match everyone's tastes). The forums are wonderful, but it's a needle in a haystack situation, and many of the threads are about the feature set of older versions.

One idea would be a list of best practices forum threads that deal with the current version.