The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Feature Requests
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Bookmark Sync With Safari Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
This is to help out the iPhone users. There HAS to be a way to make this happen...

Also, making autofill in OW stop sucking would be awesome! Back when it was OW 3.5 and I talked to you guys at MacWorld you said you knew the code for autofill was rubbish and were working on it...

After reading about it somewhere (Macintoshian Achaia, perhaps?) I plopped down $12 on Bookit this morning. Converts to/from many web browsers, including OW -> Safari. And, wonder of wonders, it preserves everything beautifully. OW uses HTML for its bookmarks, so "ó" (for instance) becomes its corresponding HTML entity "& oacute;" (minus the space) when Safari's in-app bookmark importer runs. Bookit converts this (and other entities, like ampersand) properly. It's great, and it's cheap. Once it's open, assuming you're doing OW -> Safari every time, you can do the whole conversion just by hitting enter a few times - nothing to click.

http://www.everydaysoftware.net/bookit/

HTH --

It's still an extra step and an extra piece of software, I use Bookdog to do the same thing, I would like it to be seamless.

A full bookmark synch would be amazing....RSS synch for that matter would also be handy, but bookmark at a minimum

I requested a bookmark sync many years ago when OW 5 first came out and I'm still waiting!

I WANT THIS SO BAD!

Another vote for BookIt.