The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

New omniweb user with a few questions Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,
I started to use omniweb yesterday, and I have to say the it is amazing. However, today there are a few things that I am wondering if anyone can help me out with.

1) Does omniweb have a spell checker? I used to use firefox, and mispelled words would be underlined.
2) I was trying to look at videos on IGN.com, but omniweb would just load for a long time and never open up a window to display the video. I tried on Firefox and Safari and they both opened the video window. the link to the videos is http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/772/772025/vids_1.html and it says that the actual video link starts with javascript.
3) An intermitant problem when using OW is sluggishness. Somtimes sites will take forever to load, and other times they load very quickly.

Thanks for your help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atmporsh911 View Post
Hi,
I started to use omniweb yesterday, and I have to say the it is amazing. However, today there are a few things that I am wondering if anyone can help me out with.

1) Does omniweb have a spell checker? I used to use firefox, and mispelled words would be underlined.
2) I was trying to look at videos on IGN.com, but omniweb would just load for a long time and never open up a window to display the video. I tried on Firefox and Safari and they both opened the video window. the link to the videos is http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/772/772025/vids_1.html and it says that the actual video link starts with javascript.
3) An intermitant problem when using OW is sluggishness. Somtimes sites will take forever to load, and other times they load very quickly.

Thanks for your help.
Welcome. :)
1. Yes. Activate it under "Edit" - "Spelling" - "Check spelling as you type"
2. Don't know if you can watch IGN's videos in a browser window. I always right-click on the link "Right-click and save". If it is a nice video then it is already saved on my computer :)

//magnus

Quote:
Originally Posted by atmporsh911 View Post
This seems to be working for me... I click on one of the thumbnails and get a pop-up window. An ad plays, and then the video. Maybe the pop-up is being blocked for some reason. Is there an icon that looks like [ x ] in the status bar at the bottom of the browser window? If so, you should be able to click that to show the window...

thanks so much