The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

How to sync custom Perspectives to iPhone Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Just sent them an email to add my voice to this, I set up a few of these kind of perspectives on the Mac without realising they wouldn't end up on the phone. Now they're not so useful as I'm on the phone much more than I'm in front of the Mac.

What is the current status on this issue? Does syncing of project perspectives work (perhaps I missed something, because I just stumbled over this)?

Unchanged, still context mode perspectives only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed P View Post
Just sent them an email to add my voice to this, I set up a few of these kind of perspectives on the Mac without realising they wouldn't end up on the phone. Now they're not so useful as I'm on the phone much more than I'm in front of the Mac.
I discovered a work-around: once the Project Perspective was set up, including selecting the folders and projects to include in the Sidebar, I opened the Perspectives Window, selected the Project Perspective I'd just created and changed the View Mode to Context. I then adjusted the right hand column filter settings as needed. Note that checking the "Settings from a Project mode perspective" under the Restore section allows one additional level of filtering. Once this was done, the former Project Perspective showed up in my iPhone as a Context Perspective.

Do you think it's possible - with your work-around - to sync a Perspective to the iPhone with all Actions grouped by Project and sorted by Date ?

Works fine on the iPad, don't know of any reason why it shouldn't also work on the iPhone/iPod.