The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

When *should* the alerts happen? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Back when I was doing calendar based alerts they came 1 hr before the due date/time. When are they supposed to happen with local alerts? (And some way to configure that would be sweet.)

I have only seen alerts happen as soon as the action is overdue, which seems terribly pointless if you ask me.

Why OmniGroup hates alerts??? I can't understand, every single competitor has powerful alarm capabilities, even multiple different types of alarms, I can't get why an app that costs $20 just doesn't provide a minimum decent alert system???

Synch with Apple Calendar?? Please guys, give me a break, If I wanted to use Apple Calendar, I would just use it!

PadInTheBox, if you're running iOS 4.x on your device, OmniFocus includes a built-in alert/reminder feature; the calendar workaround is left over from a feature that was in place for previous versions of iOS.

Before Apple released iOS 4, the necessary code wasn't in place for us to offer that feature. The Calendar app could pop up alerts, but Apple hadn't exposed that code to third-party applications yet, I'm afraid.