The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniOutliner is my number 1 iPad app! Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Thanks for a great app.
I'm using it on a daily basis for summarizing meetings in a structured list of items with hierarchy and status columns, I'm managing my personal todo list inside of a page, I'm writing my ideas and roadmap items (I'm a product manager) in a separate page - I love it.

Best feature: being able to create great looking tables, manage them, and then save as html...

Here's my second review of it:
OmniOutliner – the best productivity app for iPad

Thanks and keep up the great work

The Mobile Spoon.

Could I ask you to detail precisely how you have fit OO into a large workflow? Perhaps some screens showing your work might be useful. If you are using it every day then surely you must have something to show for it? I'm sincerely curious because I'd love to fit OOiP into my workflow but every time I try to do it, it fails for any number of reasons.

Thanks.

Last edited by HappyCatMachine; 2011-08-13 at 11:33 AM..

HappyCatMachine, I'd prefer it if we didn't treat visitors to the forums the way you did in your previous post. A lot of forums on the 'Net are filled with flame wars and smack talk; this isn't one of them.

Since I work with it, I didn't want to include screenshots even in my blog review.

Weird to get such a negative response, but since I don't know you, I don't really care, and I'm happy to share with all my personal experience:

Structured table:
The weakest part of most of the text editors or notes apps is that you cannot really manage a bullets list as a table.
On the other hand, trying to use "excel" like apps (even in desktops) to maintain items with status, comments, almost like an action items list - is impossible: the text area is not comfortable for editing, and it just feels "wrong".

OmniOutliner makes it perfect for me: it combines a rich editor area for the topics ,with the ability to even have it as a tree - and in addition it lets you hold additional columns for status of each item, special comment, or anything else...

The result is great, and with the simple styling you can even have nice title lines between topics...

I'm using OmniOutliner for ongoing todo list (wish I could sync it with my laptop, but unfortunately I'm not using a mac).
In addition, I'm using it for every customer visit (holding a list with issues, statuses of them, source, etc. )
And also I'm using it for some stylish tables which I maintain on an ongoing basis with my products capabilities (a list which is getting bigger and bigger as we progress).

Simple - yet exactly where classic tools are painful .

No worries, didn't mean to sound negative. If life stopped at the iPad then OO would be fantastic. Unfortunately getting anything out of OO for use in anything else is next to impossible and thus why it fails for my workflow. An outline is a single step on to other things. If it doesn't integrate with other steps in a process, well, that is that.

If it is a to-do list, a notes app, or anything else that is an end unto itself then yes, I can see how it would be great. Cheers.