The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Using One Shape To Clip Another? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,

Newbie Randy here…

I want to depict an arc or an angle. I'm trying to do this by drawing a circle centered at the vertex of the arc. It's a pretty tiny angle in one case, 90° in another, and I'd like to somehow mask away the large portion (or the 270° in the second case) of the circle. I tried using “Intersect” and “Subtract,” but they do not produce the desired effect.

What would seem to be ideal, if it’s possible, would be to draw the circle and then use a rectangle (with neither stroke nor fill) as a masking shape.

Can anybody help me accomplish this? If I haven't described what I'd like to accomplish adequately, please let me know.

Thanks.

RRS

That's certainly a feature I'd like to see in OG as well.

To draw an arc, you can use an applescript found here.

For lines at specific angles, I think you're going to have to do the math for the endpoints.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afb
That's certainly a feature I'd like to see in OG as well.

To draw an arc, you can use an applescript found here.
Thanks! I’ll give that a try.

Quote:
For lines at specific angles, I think you're going to have to do the math for the endpoints.
Well, since the drawing is an attempt to describe a calculation involving a bunch of angles based on line segments, I should be able to handle that. Should be able to…

Thanks again.

RRS