The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > Applying OmniFocus
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Using Starts Dates on Projects vs. Tasks (Why and when one, the other, or both) Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Revisiting my OF best practices after a period of not using it consistently enough.

Trying to focus more attention on the use of start dates.

Wondering if folks might share their thoughts on when they put a start date on a project vs. just assigning start dates to various tasks and sub-tasks under a project heading.

Trying to use start dates on projects as a relatively automated way of un-cluttering my project list from day to day and thinning down the number of available tasks at any given time.

But also wondering if I might be better off just assigning the on-hold designation for that purpose and then making an effort to review those projects more often (not entirely confident I would keep up on that review process and a little worried something might slip through the cracks if I don't, whereas with a start date, the project will reappear at some point on its own when the start date is reached).

For those who use start dates on tasks, but don't typically use them on projects, how did you come to that approach?

KSS