The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Connection timing out on Omni Sync Beta [A: We're investigating; apologies.] Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown View Post
We've been having some server issues today- we're looking into it now. Sorry for the inconvenience!
OK - thanks!

Dear Omni,

Where is the official place where service information such as the status of the Sync servers is posted?

Is there anywhere?

I ask because I have spent the last hour or so trying to get the syncing working and thought it was something my end and it was not until I found this post that I knew that the problem was not my end.

Thanks,

demon012

Quote:
Originally Posted by demon012 View Post
Dear Omni,

Where is the official place where service information such as the status of the Sync servers is posted?
It's been suggested; I'll add your vote to that request. IMHO, it'd be a great thing to have available!

I'm having this problem too. Is it an OS5 bug or a Sync Server issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by amorya View Post
I'm having this problem too. Is it an OS5 bug or a Sync Server issue?
Some of us are reporting iOS issues and some are reporting OS X issues, so it would seem to be a problem on the server. Unless both clients got bugged simultaneously, which is less likely.

I upgraded my whole system to iCloud, iOS 5, and the latest version of Lion on both my Macs. I sync with the Omni Sync Server (Beta). It either takes 90 seconds to 5 minutes to sync, or times out completely and won't sync (giving me the exclamation point in the orange sync icon). I'm used to syncing taking 3-15 seconds.

Sorry for the inconvenience, everyone - the Sync server's been slower than we expect it to be given the level of traffic it's seeing today. We've been investigating the problem; I'll post here once we know more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by demon012 View Post
We created a Twitter account for the Sync Server today. For the fastest updates on the status of the server, I'd bookmark that page.

Last edited by Brian; 2011-10-17 at 03:42 PM.. Reason: Add quote from demon012.

In an effort to keep information centralized, I'm going to merge this thread with one over in the OmniFocus Syncing forum. (If you're reading a thread in that forum and see this, the merge has already happened.)

If you originally posted in the OmniFocus for iPhone forum, you may want to review the merged thread.

I'm about to move to iCloud and wanted to use the Omni Sync Service, but having a little trouble. Last night it was timing out all the time and I got the exclamation mark shown in the sync button. Having read on the server issues, I think that might have been the cause. However, this morning it does not time out, but rather keeps asking me for me login details every time I sync. Without an error on the details being wrong, it just keeps asking for the same details over and over again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
We created a Twitter account for the Sync Server today. For the fastest updates on the status of the server, I'd bookmark that page.
Nice one guys this is the sort of thing that I like to see, only problem you have now is keeping it up to date with server status info =), may want to see if you can tie it into a monitoring platform like Zenoss, Nagios or similar to alert if there are service issues.

Thanks,

demon012