The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Feature Request: Card View Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve View Post
I think card view is a fantastic idea. Sometimes while I'm working on something, I'll have 2-3 interruptions and lose track of what I need to be working on. I'll fill out a feature request.
Steve,

A built-in way to keep one task on top would be great. Currently I use my What Are You Doing script for this. More info., plus the script, in this post. (I haven't posted it to my OF software page yet, since I'm working on a widget that lets people select multiple tasks on which to focus. The card view is a great idea. I may try to incorporate that into my widget.)

Cheers,

Curt

Curt

Once again, everyone, thanks for helping.
Now if you open Allen's GTD, you will see how firmly the author insists you should process your inbox as a stack, not even looking under the topmost item. In fact, I'm not sure whether the same thing is really required when doing things, but it's crucial exactly for inbox... And it's crucial for "reviewing".
I would add that simply implementing the next action view wouldn't be enough for me, as I would like to see something big, bold, and maybe something spanning across the screen (In fact, this would be great when doing things as well)

People on the forums have also discussed using GeekTool to put the current action across the menu bar. Maybe you can use that to get at what you're looking for.

I would very much like this option, at least in the Inbox to consider one item at a time.

I´m totally agree with the idea of a CARD VIEW. For me this is compulsary for the next version. In fact I'm quite disappointed with OF because of the lack of support to concentrate in one task. I'm sorry to say that I'm not going to upgrade to 2.0 if this feature is not implemented.

The action currently selected in OF will be listed in the border of any fully expanded app window (or at the top left of the desktop) if you:
  1. Install the free Geektool pref pane,
  2. Place GeekOFSQL.scpt (in the zip below) in your OmniFocus Scripts folder, so that its path is ~/Library/Scripts/Applications/Omnifocus/GeekOFSQL.scpt (where ~ is your home folder),
  3. Dbl-Click the CurrentAction.glet XML file (also in the zip below), and click OK to install the geeklet.

Last edited by RobTrew; 2011-07-05 at 07:46 AM..

I am respectfully bowing to RobTrew's genius.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobTrew View Post

The action currently selected in OF will be listed in the border of any fully expanded app window (or at the top left of the desktop) if you:
  1. Install the free Geektool pref pane,
  2. Place GeekOFSQL.scpt (in the zip below) in your OmniFocus Scripts folder, so that its path is ~/Library/Scripts/Applications/Omnifocus/GeekOFSQL.scpt (where ~ is your home folder),
  3. Dbl-Click the CurrentAction.glet XML file (also in the zip below), and click OK to install the geeklet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macula View Post
I am respectfully bowing
Well that's very kind of you, and I bow back - but I have to admit that it's just a minor variation on a old trick, for which I really can't take credit :-)

Yes, but this was a cumulative reaction to everything you've contributed. I think we should organize a RobTrew Festschrift at some point in honor of you.

(Or a Fest-script)

By the way, could anyone direct me to any documentation for the OmniFocus sqlite specification in its entirety?

Thank you.