The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Context button shows Proj. view [A: associated perspective edited; reset to default] Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
When I click the "Context" toolbar item I don't get the Context view. Instead, I get a combination of the Inbox view and the Projects view.

I think this has something to do with my database because I installed OmniFocus on a new machine and the toolbar buttons behaved as expected. Then when I did a sync with my data from MobileMe the Context button stopped showing me the Context view.

Switching between Planning Mode and Context Mode using the View menu works though. I've reset my toolbar and I've Reverted to Default View all over the place. Still buggy.

Any ideas?

Do you mean the Contexts perspective button? It's possible that you have inadvertently altered the perspective to show up in Project/Planning view instead of Context view. I would use Perspectives->Show Perspectives to review the settings for that perspective, and if necessary, use the Revert Perspective to Default Settings option under the gear menu at lower left.

The Context toolbar item calls the Context perspective. It sounds like the settings for your Context perspective have been changed to a different view. In the 1.8 SP releases, you can reset the predefined perspectives back to the default setting by bringing up the Perspectives window, select a predefined perspective (they are bolded), and choose to revert the perspective to its default setting. I cannot recall if this also works with 1.7.5.

Thanks folks! Solved. Much appreciated.