The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

I Got it OmniFocus from the App Store Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Ah... COOL. That was it. I thought I read 1.0.3 supported it. Sorry. Syncing my Database now. Yippy Skippy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostedMac View Post
Ah! I bought it early this morning when I heard Apps store was searchable. I installed iPhone 2.0 Firmware/Software on my iPhone and now its Syncing some 22 applications I downloaded. Ah! Most of them the free ones. It's almost done, just installed the new OmniFocus 1.3 or 1.0.3 or whatever...

Can't wait... just itching for "Sync in Progress" to go away to try it out.
Where did you get the 2.0 firmware from? Or do you have the developer stuff?

Yeah, there are several apps more expensive than OmniFocus in the App Store currently, and to be honest, none of them would be nearly as worth it to me as this one.

I also noticed Things was the same price. Hey, I'm not complaining about spending 20 bucks by any means. I thought it would probably be half that price, but what ever.

I can't imagine putting a real dollar value on an application that makes my life this much easier. That's kind of like saying "Gee, I'd love to have that kidney transplant, but the cost.... I think I'll wait."

Nope... I'm fine with whatever the price is.

It seems to sync by default every hour, unless you make a change, then it will sync the next minute. (desktop version). The iPhone version doesn't seem to have any settings to change when it syncs, although I did see it do it automatically once, so perhaps the same theory applies. Too bad it doesn't support the MobileMe Push, assuming MobileMe ever comes online.

Its the only app Ive used thus far that crashes. ;)

No Perspectives that I could see. Although it does look like you can re-arrange things..

The location thingy seems to have huge potential, especially if you don't live and work at the same location. Ahem. It appears you can make "perspectives" out of this feature based on where your at. Very cool.

When you add action items to iPhone version, you can record audio (nice) and take a picture (nice) to attach the action. I love it.

Huge potential. I'm too distracted by all the new joy (or lack of it (MobileMe)) to get much done today.

MacRumors.com had a link... it came out in an XML file in the latest iTunes.

Not sure where you guys are seeing $19 for Things. Looks like $9.99 to me:

Click for full size - Uploaded with plasq's Skitch

That said, I already purchased OmniFocus for iPhone. Just need an iPhone to run it on. :)

Oh, and Things doesn't synchronize with the desktop app – not yet, anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbyler View Post
Not sure where you guys are seeing $19 for Things. Looks like $9.99 to me:
That's an introductory price, I believe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
That's an introductory price, I believe.
I believe it was also appearing as $19.99 earlier today but they appear to have lowered it.

Not all Hamburgers are created equal. Some cost more than others.