The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Get rid of the OmniPlan footer on export reports Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi.

Each exported report (html reports) has a declaration footer of Omniplan version. How do I get rid of them? I paid for the software. I do not want my reports to provide free advertising space.

Thank.

Hi,

It's pretty easy to change the export template:
  • Choose Customize HTML Templates from the File menu.
  • Name your custom template whatever you like, such as “No Footer”.
  • In the text editor of your choice, open the three HTML files in your new template folder.
  • Delete the two footer paragraphs from the bottom of each file.
  • When exporting your project as HTML, choose your custom template from the Template pop-up menu.
I hope that helps. If you have any trouble customizing your template, let us know and we can post a custom template for you.

Guys,

Is there a keyword list or some other reference availabe so that I can customize my HTML templates? Right now I do not know the vocabulary that OmniPlan is using. I checked the manual, but I could find nothing. I have found hints and bits across the threads, but no single, consolidated list. Do you have one that you can share with me?

I too have been having problems customizing the HTML templates. The problem that I have been having is that no what I do to the template, OmniPlan seems to do its own thing. For example, the footer that this thread mentions won't go away, no matter what I do to the template. Another thing that seems to be broken is the setting of paths. With this problem, I set the path to a particular graphic, select the export template, and fire it off. OmniPlan then generates some "other" path to the graphics other than what I set in the template. This means that I would have to modify my report pages and their paths every time I generate new reports. You can imagine that this would quickly become an expensive overhead function just to use the report feature. Can you guys take a look at this one? Many thanks.

-th-

Last edited by Artful_Todster; 2007-05-04 at 07:29 AM..

For a list of tokens in the OmniPlan HTML templates, open the OmniPlan help (in the help menu) and search for "templates". One of the hits will be "Customizing HTML Templates". That is primarily a list of all the supported tokens, but has a few explanations as well.

I'm not sure I understand the problem you're describing with the graphic paths. Maybe you could email us your custom template so our ninja can take a look?