The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing > Syncing via Omni Sync Server
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Please give an option to sync over WIFI only Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Most of time, the 3G network around me is pretty slow. If I am not connected to WIFI, I don't want to waste time, battery, and pricy 3G data to sync over 3G from iPhone. Therefore, please add an option to sync over WIFI only on iPhone/iPad.

Last edited by kevinx; 2012-08-16 at 10:14 AM..

Are you asking for an option that simply stops OmniFocus from trying to sync over a 3G connection, but continues to let it sync automatically when connected to the internet via WiFi? There is already a WiFi-only sync option, if you are using OmniFocus for Mac, but you can only use it when OmniFocus for Mac is running, and the Mac on which it is running is connected to the same WiFi network as your iOS device.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
Are you asking for an option that simply stops OmniFocus from trying to sync over a 3G connection, but continues to let it sync automatically when connected to the internet via WiFi?
Yes that's I asked

Quote:
There is already a WiFi-only sync option, if you are using OmniFocus for Mac, but you can only use it when OmniFocus for Mac is running, and the Mac on which it is running is connected to the same WiFi network as your iOS device.
However, I am not syncing to Mac, though I do have omnifocus on Mac. This request is for syncing with omni sync server.

Last edited by kevinx; 2012-08-16 at 02:25 PM..

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinx View Post
Yes that's I asked
Your request could be interpreted in different ways, one being what I asked, and another being a WiFi-only transport layer (which already exists, but not in conjunction with the Omni Sync Server website).
Quote:
However, I am not syncing to Mac, though I do have omnifocus on Mac. This request is for syncing with omni sync server.
You should use the Contact Omni (OmniFocus for iPad) and Send Feedback (OmniFocus for iPhone) options to send in your feature request for an option to disable syncing via cellular data. Feature requests made on the forum don't necessarily make it into the development database.

We've got an existing feature request open on the ability to only sync via WiFi; attaching kevinx's request, as well. Thanks!