The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

I've given up. Ok, I'm back. Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Apologies if posting in the wrong place but this is my first time.

I know this may be against the entire GTD philosophy, but I think it'd help me clear my mind and start re-using Omnifocus if I had an entirely new session of OmniFocus available so I can re-start things from scratch. I have been an light observer of GTD for a while, now I'm finally working with OS X and thought I'd give task management a try. In the beginning it was fun, but it slowly started to feel forced.

Is the filter options suppose to help me with this full reset I want to do but am afraid of getting rid of all my previous work data.

UPDATE:
Ok, as I write this, I sense that the problem here can be solved if I just admit that a lot of my past work data is getting old, if I start from scratch, it'd be ok (albeit keeping my Context wouldn't hurt, I follow the classic list).

Cheers,
@urubuz

You can have your cake and eat it, too. Here's how.

Launch OmniFocus. Select File->Export... and save a copy of your database in a suitable place, choosing the Backup Document (OmniFocus) format.

Now, delete anything in your current database you don't want. You can use the All Items perspective to show you everything.

At any point in the future where you want to refer to your old data, go to the Finder and double-click on the copy of the database you made in the first step. It will open in another OmniFocus window, and if you decide you need a project or some tasks back, you can just drag them from that window to your current database window.