The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

New Action Items at the top? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I was wondering if there was a way to have new Action Items appear at the top of a project action list as opposed to at the bottom? It might be something I've missed in the options but I would like to see the most recently added action at the top as opposed to the bottom.

Thanks,

- Bryan

Do you mean they appear at the bottom when you drag an action onto a project in the sidebar (e.g. dragging new actions from your Inbox to a project)?

If that's the case, then no, I don't think there's a way to control the new action's position. It always appears at the bottom of the list.

On the other hand, if you're in a project and want to add a new action to the top of the list, you can select the current top-most action and hit Shift-Return to create a new action above the existing one.

You can also select a list of actions (or hit Command-A to select all in the current projects) and choose Edit -> Sort -> By Date Added to sort the items by creation date (in descending order with most recent additions on the top).

Hope this helps.

Hey Toadling

Perfect, both Shift-Return and the Edit-->Sort-->By Date Added were exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!

- bsippel