The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Feature request: bigger checkbox 'hot' area Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
when I'm ticking things off my list (groceries) I often find that OF incorrectly interprets my fat fingered checkbox clicks as a selection of the item. OF then loads the item's edit interface, which generally takes a bit of time because the app is not always the snappiest. This is pretty frustrating and it happens to me a lot.

Solution: make the left 1/3rd or 1/4th of the screen check the boxes. Regardless of if the click is right in the box boundary or not. Most of your righty users will be clicking to the right side of items anyway. (I'm a lefty but we deal with such things. ;)

Not that another request won't help to focus OmniGroup's minds on doing this, but it has been made before and I believe they are aware of the problem. Hopefully it will be fixed in the next release.

ah, sorry. I didn't have the time to dig around for earlier threads, nor did I know what to search for. ; )

No problem. Anyway, it is unlikely you would have found it - iirc, the post (and OmniGroup response) were in a large thread that was originally about something else.

Maybe it's my imagination but , I usually find it easier to open the task and mark it done on the next screen . It seems like the " hotbox " is bigger in that screen ?

My imagination is that I often end up doing that anyway (opening the task) by trying to mark the item done in normal view! And yes, it does seem that it is easier to tick the box in the editing view.

yeah, that's usually the way mine ends up working, but I have to wait for the task to open, which slows down ticking off a bunch of items.

Especially tricky when you're doing a big shopping in "near me" mode as when you go back to the list from the item I think it pauses to do a "where are you?" calculation too...

I can tell you it didn't make the 1.1 release. I've added your comments to the feature request, so that the OmniFocus team can take your feedback into account when planning future releases.

Last edited by Lizard; 2008-11-19 at 04:11 PM..