The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

1.14.1 Doesn't Seem To Work Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have installed the latest update to OmniFocus for iPhone 1.14.1, and have confirmed as much by checking the Release Notes on the iPhone. The notes show version 1.14.1 (with the wrong release date, by the way).

However, GPS still seems to be stuck on even with no need for GPS monitoring, and OmniFocus is skipping any Siri reminders with location data (the two issues addressed by this update). I have force-quit the app on the iPhone, but that didn't help. I have rebooted the iPhone, but that didn't help either.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

UPDATE: I checked location services, and OmniFocus shows a solid purple icon instead of a hollow purple icon. Wasn't this supposed to be addressed with this update?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifonline View Post
OmniFocus shows a solid purple icon instead of a hollow purple icon.
Same for me, I don't know if this is the correct behaviour or not. I can't get the hollow arrow.

I have also twice received an iCloud error message on startup. I had never seen iCloud issues before.

I'm having the same solid arrow issue as well.

I've turned location notifications off for now until I figure out what is going on.

Steve

Quote:
I have installed the latest update to OmniFocus for UPDATE: I checked location services, and OmniFocus shows a solid purple icon instead of a hollow purple icon. Wasn't this supposed to be addressed with this update?
http://forums.omnigroup.com/showpost...81&postcount=3

In order to provide Location Reminders, OmniFocus uses both region fences and significant location changes. (The former is what qualifies for the hollow arrow indicator on iOS 5.1 and later.)

Both of these services have very low power requirements.

I have the solid purple arrow too. I *used* to have the hollowed out arrow. There was a change in the last version update (1.4.1, I believe it was). I have since disabled location services on OF on the iPhone. I did notice battery increased consumption.

J.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Correia View Post
http://forums.omnigroup.com/showpost...81&postcount=3

In order to provide Location Reminders, OmniFocus uses both region fences and significant location changes. (The former is what qualifies for the hollow arrow indicator on iOS 5.1 and later.)

Both of these services have very low power requirements.
Ok... and the issue with iCloud reminders still not being captured by OmniFocus when location data is present?

Quote:
Ok... and the issue with iCloud reminders still not being captured by OmniFocus when location data is present?
That bug should be fixed. OmniFocus is capturing iCloud Reminders for me with location data.

You do need to satisfy some preconditions: http://forums.omnigroup.com/showpost...11&postcount=4

If this isn't working for you, please write to our Support Ninjas so we can figure out what is going wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Correia View Post
That bug should be fixed. OmniFocus is capturing iCloud Reminders for me with location data.

You do need to satisfy some preconditions: http://forums.omnigroup.com/showpost...11&postcount=4

If this isn't working for you, please write to our Support Ninjas so we can figure out what is going wrong.
I meet all the preconditions.

And, not to put a point on it, but I don't really have time to chase this down for OG. I'm just turning off location services for OF. It was a nice feature while it lasted for me, but I'll just use reminders for location enabled features until you get it fixed. It's clear that you guys have a number of people who have this problem.

J.